Creativity

Creativity is one of our character traits for the school year.  In our growth journals, we have defined creativity as “using your imagination to do something unique.”  When faced with a new situation, creativity helps generate ideas and more than one solution to a problem.  Some research even suggests a link between creativity and anxiety since they both rely on using your imagination. When you feel stuck or anxious about something, try thinking “out of the box” to see if you can come up with some creative solutions to your challenges.  We are fortunate to have so many resources at our fingertips to come up with ideas – a simple online search for “activities to keep my children occupied during COVID-19” will bring up more resources than you could possibly use. (Here is one to start you off): http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/?fbclid=IwAR1f-dfwFF8Hu28b8Km3F_eHQNlPnnNlMS3klA_dat9_EncX_vVprXy2M98

My Reflections:
2 Challenges
  • Finding ways to share information electronically with students and families – this is not a way that I usually communicate with families.
  • Planning ways that I can feed my family a variety of meals with less trips to the grocery store than we normally take.

2 Positives
  • I learned more about ways I can communicate electronically to families (I even attempted to create a website) using online resources.
  • Since it is St. Patrick’s Day, my kids decided to make “Shamrock” shakes and watch a movie (not something we usually do on a weeknight). We are doing more baking now that we are home all day and everyone is helping in making these meals.  

What can you do differently tomorrow to be more creative?
  • I am going to plan meals with my kids and involve them in making the meals.  With our typical weekday schedule of afterschool events, this is a gift since we now have the time to do this.  

Your Reflections:
2 Challenges
*
*

2 Positives
*
*

What can you do differently tomorrow to be more creative?

*

Comments

Popular Posts